July 20th 2016, Guangzhou Royal Marina Plaza Hotel
Metal additive manufacturing of precious metals has been a hot topic this summer in China. We attended the conference hosted by the Guangzhou Dimai Occupational Skill Training Co. Ltd., Guangzhou Weibaiying Trading Co. Ltd., and co-organized by the Italian Sisma, which involved many leaders of the 3D printing jewellery industry and some valued guests.
- Office Director of Panyu District Science & Technology Industrial Commerce and Information Bureau Su Jundan
- President of TSL Jewellery (International) Limited Xie Ruilin
- Associate Professor of Gemological Institute China University of Geosciences Ren Jin
- CEO of Guangzhou Dimai Occupational Skill Training Limited Xian Ning
- Director of Guangzhou Weibaiying Trading Co. Ltd. Mu Yi
- Sales Manager and Sisma representative Mr. Davide Bertazzo
- Primary Vice-Chairman of League of jewelry Dealers of Asia Cheng Dajun
- Forever honored Founding President of Guangdong Golden Jewelry and Jade Industry’s Association Pan Qingsong
- Deputy District Governor of Panyu District Yang Weiqiang
- Chairman of Guangdong Golden Jewelry and Jade Industry’s Association Yang Zhaoguang
- Deputy Director of Guangdong Provincial Gem and Precious Metal Testing Center Li Zhigang
- Board of supervisors for Guangdong Provincial Fashion Jewelry and Accessories Association Pan Xuping
- Director of Guangdong Province Zhongchuang Jewelry Design Creative Center Hong Hanfeng
- President of Guangdong Gems & Jewelry Trade Association He Judeng
- Dean of Guangdong Southern Jewelry Research Institute Chen Li
- Executive Chairman of Shunde Jewelry Chamber of Commerce Li Jiesheng
- Famous jewelry wax carving technologist Xian Feng
- Director of Shatou Street Jewelry Office of Panyu Chen Zhiqu
The founder of Dimai Occupational Skills Training Co. Ltd. Ms. Xian Ning’s opening speech has been a wonderful prelude to the meeting. She got the audiance’s attention since the very beginning, as she remembered how she first discovered the 3D printing jewellery technology just by chance, more than ten years before. At that time, she re-positioned Dimai’s development and boldly introduced the 3D printing technology and devices from abroad. By constantly innovating and keeping pace with the times, Dimai has fostered many excellent 3D printing design talents and brought many advanced 3D printing machines to the jewellery industry.
As todays internet is developing at a blasting speed, Dimai decisively opened a remote online training platform (www.dimai3d.com) being able to focus on four main activities – the online professional teachers’ guide, jewellery 3D printing services, 3D equipment procurement platform and a talent connection service – to bring more and more efficient resources to this industry, so as to realize the jewellery industry 4.0 project of intelligent plants.
Mr. Bertazzo from Sisma stepped in: a metal 3D printer is “the joining link between imagination and reality” for jewellery designers. Thanks to the 3D laser metal fusion technology, an additive manufacturing process based on 3D CAD design, Sisma mysint 100 can realize three-dimensional objects directly in metal. A very precise laser, platforms that can be interchanged in different sizes, precious metal powder recovery, powder dynamic oversupply, low gas consumption and the possibility to adjust any parameter in a open system are just some of the many features that allows Sisma mysint 100 to be the favourite among the others.
Dimai Ms. Xian Ning firmly believes that talent is the core and the future of this industry. “Teaching a person how to fish is better than giving a fish to him”, using her own words. Dimai established a special fund for 3D printing jewellery design software training with Guangzhou Weibaiying Trading Co.,Ltd. and invited all the attendants to join the project, with the intention to help jewellery professionals, but also the students who want to learn 3D jewellery design, to master the professional skills.
The conference called the attention of many and has been reported by dozens of domestic well-known media and jewellery professional media. It created an exchange platform for business cooperation and connection services, playing a positive role in accelerating jewellery industry 4.0.