Last week has been quite an interesting one for the Italian based additive manufacturing world, thanks to the workshop Alta Brillanza 2015.
Organized by SITEC (Laboratory for Laser Application) at the Department of Mechanical Engineering of the Politecnico di Milano, the morning session of the workshop focused on Additive Manufacturing and involved many of the most relevant players in the market today, EOS, Concept Laser, Trumpf Sisma, Renishaw among the others.
After a warm welcome by Barbara Previtali of the Politecnico di Milano it’s been the time on stage for Tommaso Ghidini (Head of the Materials Technology Section at the European Space Agency) who immediately dropped the matter on another level:
The morning continued with some engaging discussions that clearly demonstrate the wide interest on the 3D printing technology, not only in optimizing its current multiple applications but more than else in developing its future possibilities.
- Effect of powder parameters on powder bed laser melting process performance (by Andrea Penna, Renishaw Spa)
- Solutions of additive manufacturing and techniques of online process control (by Vito Chinellato, EOS Srl)
- Innovation to compete (by Maurizio Romeo, BeamIT Spa)
- State of the art of monitoring systems for the LaserCusing technology (by Alessandro Pieroni, Ridix Spa)
- Additive manufacturing in finishing quality (by Giuseppe Piras, DMG Mori)
- The influence of the laser metal quality on the surface characteristics of an object with the Laser Metal Fusion technology (by Guglielmo Cavalcabò, Trumpf Sisma Srl)